Custom Made Case Notary Public Stamp Seal Press
Night time workshop goings ons!
Here’s some work in progress photos – in between making signs I have started a new box/case build. This will be used for a Notary Public to keep his stamp seal press and other items he will be carrying to meetings. The box will be posted to Brisbane when complete. The timber is from the cleanup after Cyclone Yasi – some rare rain-forest species.
I’ve been working at nights and have made some progress so here are some ‘work in progress’ photos of the build so far and some close-ups of my messy but reliable workbench!
The tricky part is trying to choose the best pieces and sides – they all look pretty nice!
- Rescued timber from the cleanup after Cyclone Yasi
- Rare Queensland Maple highly figured
- Body of the case is Black-bean? (I think) – also from Cyclone Yasi.
- Hand cut dovetail joinery
(shown in future blog posts)
- Gibson Guitar Case Handle
- Hand stitched leather
- Brass Mounts
- Solid Brass Hinges (leaf hinge)
- Solid Brass Lock (Mortise Fit)