Welcome to my box shop where you can buy small wooden boxes & exclusive one-off designs.
Items are not mass produced or available for sale anywhere else but here – AWC.
Each box is hand made by woodworker Andrew Wilkerson.
FREE POSTAGE > for a limited time, these unique boxes only.
Hope you like these little boxes, they are often purchased as ring boxes but you can use them for whatever you like, they have a nice solid feel to them when you open and close the hinge.
Made with tight tolerance and super hard timber from very stable 50+ year old red gum.
Please Contact Me if you are after quantities more than one.
Most are one off designs but I can make more if needed.
-> Check first for availability if purchasing more than one box.
I put a lot of love & care into these and there is only a limited supply of the recycled fence post timber.
Petite boxes from beautiful old Australian timber. New life for very old grey timber that has been in the ground for over 50 years. I still love cutting the post for the first time to reveal the unique redgum grain beneath as I dream up ways I can put it to best use. Timber needs to be respected and treasured, not left to rot away as an old fence post.
Finished by hand with vintage Australian planes and hand tools
- Sustainable reclaimed or salvaged timber
- Beautifully polished with natural waxes on fine Shellac.
(if Vegan please ask for my alternative organic-plant-based-oil finish)
- Great for last minute gift ideas! – Mother’s Day, Birthday’s, Father’s Day
- Posting Australia Wide
- International orders always welcome (please contact me for postage costs)
Boxes may be removed from the wooden box shop once sold so don’t miss out!
Small Red Gum Box
Red Gum Box Small – Now only $85 was $150 Including Postage – only 1 left!
Dimensions 50 x 50 x 40mm height external.
Cyclone Yasi Timber Box
Yasi Box $360 Including Postage. SOLD OUT SORRY More coming in late 2018!
Pre-order now for Christmas 2018.
Dimensions 260x160x80mm external.
CYCLONE YASI BOX – Flat Lid (pictured above)
Your chance to own a rare piece of Australian history…
The latest redgum box has a little bit of a story behind it so here are the details for those interested.
- Top lid is Olive wood from coastal areas of QLD (or it could be Zebra? – not sure of species) Trees rescued from waterways after council cleanup from cyclone Yasi which devastated the area on 3rd February 2011.
- Redgum is a recycled fence post from a driveway in Clayton Victoria.
- Interior lid is WR Cedar (offcuts from my signs) base interior is Victorian Ash
- Handcrafted entirely from wood including tapered wooden peg joinery and hinge pins, They are known as Japanese nails, very strong due to their tapered design and made from solid Beach.
- Finished with a natural oil and wax blend. (smells fantastic!)
- Polished with Traditional wax (can be reapplied over the life of the box if needed) Recommended brand is Ubeaut Australian Made. http://www.ubeaut.com.au/trad.
- Limited supply of timber for these but I have enough to make one or two more!
More Boxes Coming Soon
Thanks for viewing my wooden box shop, please check back often as I update the range or follow me on social media for plenty of new things to come! 😊
Visit my Bespoke Wooden Boxes page for more ideas if you would like to order a custom made (bespoke) box
If you have any troubles navigating my website or shopping cart please contact me.
I’m my own (amateur) website developer and I’m always looking for feedback on how to provide a better experience online for my customers, no matter what device you use – Ipads, Android, Windows etc.
Whether we like it or not websites are part of an ever evolving ecosystem and have become entrenched in our lives through the devices we use.
There’s always room for improvement. – Together we can keep up!