Buy Custom Wooden Signs online
– All signs made with care in my workshop then posted to your door.
Established online in 2004
The original website for beautiful wooden signs.
Handmade – Personalised – Delivered to QLD, WA, NT, SA, NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT…
Even as far away as Texas or the UK – Posting out every week!
The most popular wooden signs ordered are Rustic timber with black carved lettering, but you can order a Straight, or Routed Profile edge if you wish. Newest pics on Instagram!
Personalised Bar Signs for home bars | Aussie Mancave Signs | Shed Name Signs | Outdoor BBQ signs….
…Ideal places to add some rustic home decor with a unique personalised wooden plaque or sign.
Choose from a huge variety of fonts, view my social media links to see more examples of wooden signs made recently.
- Rural Western style signs with unique fonts
- House name signs
- Family names engraved for farm gates
- Garden signs – For those who love country style living and all things beautifully rustic!
- Horse name plaques for stables
Carved wooden signs add character and personality to any area, I’ve made thousands of unique signs that have all been different in their own way.
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA
Birthdays, Wedding Signs, Father’s Day…
5th Anniversary gift ideas for husband or wife.
Do you have a birthday or 5th wedding anniversary coming up?
Ladies – These wooden signs make fantastic gift ideas for men!
Gentlemen – Order an engraved wooden plaque to express your love in wood!
Your gift will be forever remembered each time they look at it on display.
Get in good with the wife for the five year anniversary at least!👌
- 5 years is traditionally wood gifts and that’s exactly what you will find here. Bookmark this page, follow me on social media
Order early, don’t miss out!
More details below – Environmentally Friendly!
Unlike most modern signs with square cut edges, these unique rustic timber signs are hand carved around the edge then emerised, adding character. Or you can order a CNC routed sign with square cut edges or shapes if you wish, see my Instagram or photos below for more ideas..
Thousands of happy customers have received my custom made woodworking.
You won’t be disappointed with my level of craftsmanship and service!
The letters are engraved deep into the timber then the sign is shaped and finished by hand.
Buy a personalised sign for your loved ones and you won’t regret it, they will love you for it!
Huge variety of fonts for your wooden sign or timber plaque – Pics below.
All my outdoor wooden signs are Cedar – finished with natural oils with UV stabiliser, Not poisonous spray on chemicals. Cedar will last for years in Aussie conditions – even by the sea!
Custom made sign shapes, house numbers, direction arrows, wall plaques. Anything is possible, let your imagination run wild, if you provide me with a basic outline or clip art I should be able to trace it into the timber. Bar signs, man cave signs, shed signs, bar & grill and more.
Photos below and many more on social media…
I’ve made thousands of signs since I started selling online in 2004, so don’t be afraid to order that wacky sign you’ve been wanting, trust me, I’ve made some weird ones, some are even quite rude but hey, each to their own, right?😉
Still not sure if you want to order a sign? – Read what other customers are saying.
Get a Quote
If you would like to receive a quote for your own wooden sign please use this form below. Your details will be kept secure and I will never use your email for spam or forward on to third parties for market research or silly surveys. I hate that kind of thing myself so I would never do it to my customers!
This is a personalised service, not automated replies from a large corporation so please be patient if I take a while to respond, I do my best and can sometimes get over a days worth of emails all at once when I really need to get back woodworking! (and my young family) I’m a one man business so it can be hard to keep up with it all and still make enough money each week. This form is the best way to enquire rather than phone calls or emails asking the same questions that are all answered on this page.
- Sign Order/Enquiry Form. Use this form to enquire about a custom made sign & see examples of your sign in 50 different fonts sent to your email for approval.
- Read important details below this order form first.
> This will give you an idea of options available and a rough price guide.
> Please double check your email address before hitting send or I won’t be able to reply.
- To Arrive by Christmas all existing sign orders need to be finalised and paid for already. All new orders from today onwards will be posted to arrive the first week of Jan 2018 — please let me know if you are able to pick up from my workshops in Officer or Heyfield Vic when ready. >(see Contact Page or Map)
- If you are interstate and happy to wait until January please let me know when ordering!
- I will reply to orders and emails as soon as I can, from now until Christmas I will be busy making and packing signs so my apologies if I take a while to reply.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
If you have troubles with the sign order form above please email or call/sms me on 0421 305 358 Andrew Wilkerson
- How long do they take to make? – A very common question!
— Signs are made and posted in batches to be more efficient — In order of the payment received date so it depends how many are on the list first.
- Please understand there is usually a 4 weeks waiting list for my custom signs, I also make boxes and other custom made items which can sometimes keep me really busy.
- But my order is urgent! – If there are other customers on the list who have already paid then it is unfair to make them wait longer just so I can drop everything and make your sign and deliver by next Saturday for a birthday in WA! — It’s not gonna happen sorry. You need to wait on the list like everyone else. It’s only fair!
- Please don’t waste my time asking for fonts quotes and examples only to tell me you needed it by this weekend.
- Can you get it to me sooner? – I can sometimes move your job up the list if you let me know the required date and the state you are in when ordering and I can post express to get it to you a few days earlier. – Let me know when you need it and I will see if I can help. I can also arrange for pickup if you don’t mind the drive out to my workshop in Officer or Heyfield Vic.
- How much do your signs cost? – They are custom made to order, all different.
Price Guide << please be aware they aren’t cheap, especially if you want extras, difficult pictures that require editing or a large sign.
You may also find something to Buy Now on my shop pages for signs or boxes.
Made to order then delivered to you!
Is there someone you know with a new house, shed or bar?
Outdoor BBQ’s, wood fire ovens, horse name plaques for stables and paddocks… Ideal places to add character by giving them a hand made wooden sign carved and weathered unlike any other signs available. – Your horse will love it and be so proud! 🙂
People are delighted to know it was carved just for them! I’ve had reports of customers becoming quite emotional when received and love showing them off to friends.
A personalised wood sign or country style sign makes a great gift idea for a new house, shed, workshop, farm property, or bar. A price guide is on this page. Usually between $150 – $300 depending on final size and details. Please use the form and I will reply with a free quote and example font list to choose from.
- Solid timber — Quality Western Red Cedar or Pine.
- We use Sustainable Plantation Timber only.
- Timber is made to look rustic & weathered but smooth to touch.
- 3D Lettering characters and pictures are carved deep into the timber then painted.
Some people ask for their sign to be scorched for the burnt old vintage look, I can also add stain tint for more depth of colour on Pine to highlight the grain – Just let me know when ordering!
Deep carved CNC lettering, then painted
How my signs are made.
Sign Making Gallery – Work in Progress
Bar Signs – engraved with logos – personalised to suit your character or drinking habits!
Indoor timber bar signs look great when engraved in Western style, Old English, or InkPen fonts. You will be emailed a picture for approval before I start making.
Personalised rustic wood bar signs make anyone’s bar look great & adds so much character to the area. If you know someone who loves their bar then you simply must have a personal sign made for them. Don’t be afraid to ask for a strange or weird word for your wood sign, I’ve had many requests for unique signs and I’m more than happy to help… I love making unique timber signs!
Get a personal gift that will be remembered by your loved ones for many years to come – Every time they look at it they will think of you! The gift that keeps on giving.
Man Cave Signs
One of my most popular wooden signs. Order one for your man today, he will love you for it and as an added bonus you may even get him out of the house more often.
SIGNS FOR SALE – BUY NOW (if in stock)
Rustic Signs with unique carved edges
OUTDOOR rustic wood signs are made from high quality, weather resistant, Western Red Cedar finished with 2 coats of decking oil (a blend of natural tung oils & beeswax). Signs can be maintained by re-applying oil or left to weather to a beautiful silver grey (instructions are provided with sign).
INDOOR rustic wood signs are a little less expensive as they can be made from New Zealand Pine and finished with polyurethane. You can also choose a Cedar sign for indoors, just let me know so I know what finish to use. The decking oil can be quite a strong aroma if used indoors; some people love it, others have complained so I’m just letting you know, but ultimately the decision is yours.
PLEASE NOTE: Most customers choose Cedar even for indoor signs due to its beautiful colour & grain texture enhanced by the finish on natural timber. Pine looks even better over time as it ages in my opinion, more like the Baltic Pine you see in old furniture. Pine is not recommended for outdoors.
Our signs feature unique carved edges unlike any other sign available or you can order other classic shapes, borders etc.
Sure you may find cheaper signs but that’s not what I do. Ours are unique and no two are the same because the edges are carved with a human in control of the shaping, not a machine. I’m not interested in mass producing for maximum profit – pumping out boring signs that all look the same.
Huge variety of font styles for these personalised name signs!
Choose from many fonts or if you have others in mind, let me know the font name and I will get it for you if I don’t already have it. – I will send you an example of your sign in 50 fonts when ordering.
I also have some new western style fonts that have been popular as shown below this list
NEW – Vintage Carnival Freakshow fonts!!
Pictures shapes symbols engraved into your timber sign – loads to choose from
If you would like a picture engraved on your sign I have many available or I can purchase, just let me know on the order form and I will see what I can do. Price is usually $25 depending on how much work is involved. Black and white line drawings work best, you can search Google – example ‘horse clipart black and white’ then click images.
For price & options please read this page for details then fill out the form on this page.
Carved Cedar Signs for Farms and Rural Properties
Custom made and personalised for you. Great for rural properties, farm gates or large blocks. This one was designed to hang from chain over a driveway entrance. (chain not supplied)
Pics coming soon, check out Instagram or Facebook for latest work.
Chunky & Thick Timber crafted with character. Large country signs are made using a different technique and require thicker timber and deeper letters, they are priced on an individual basis according to size – Contact Andrew on this page for a free quote.
Oils ain’t Oils – Decking Oils Today
I put extra time into making your sign look just the way you want it and use only the highest quality materials and natural oil blends, which have been used by humans to preserve timber for 1000’s of years. This may take a little longer to apply compared to a quick spray on marine varnish but it’s worth the extra time to use traditional proven methods. Plus, I don’t want to breathe fumes all day and support the petroleum industry, they have enough money already! Marine Varnish and most modern finishes are full of plastic.
Why take a nice piece of wood then cover it in a thin layer of synthetic-toxic-plastic from industry?
Doesn’t make sense.
I use Aussie made decking oil from Byron Bay – Organoil.com.au. Organ Oil exterior with tint (UV stabiliser) Any questions about why natural decking oil is better, just ask me. This applies to your decks as well. I won’t mention brands but people should be aware that most modern decking oils are still called oils but they are full of plastic as well, they actually contain very little if any natural oils. Don’t risk it with your deck, if you’ve ever put it on. You know how patchy this plastic oil finish can become over time and it’s a real hassle to get it all off then refinish with proper traditional natural oils.
(for signs up to 800mm in length)
$160 plus lettering – $6 for each letter carved and painted, no charge for extra long sentences. My Outdoor Signs are Western Red Cedar with carved out lettering painted with quality flat black enamel. Australian Made natural decking oil finish, hand rubbed, Cedar will last for many years in even the harshest conditions.
(Pine or Cedar*)
$150 plus lettering – $6 for each letter carved and painted. My Indoor signs are usually made from NZ Pine with a polyurethane interior spray finish (Wattyl) carved out lettering, painted with quality matt black enamel. Sometimes Shellac may be used for a vintage look (if you’re Vegan please ask for Polyurethane instead) *I can also use Cedar for Indoors just let me know when ordering ($160 plus lettering)
- Pictures engraved and painted are $25 depending how much work is involved.
- Scorched with flame or special Stains/Colours are an extra $25
- Multiple lines of text are an extra $25
- Screw Eyes $4.50 pair (includes predrilled holes for easy fitting, no tools needed)
- (Prices are AU$ for standard size sign up to 800mm). Prices above are a guide only, this can change if extra work is involved on images with high detail such as bird’s feathers, converting a supplied image to a suitable engraving (vectors) etc.
- Larger sizes or special requests quoted in email.
Discounts available for a large amount of text or charity organisations, defence force personnel, RAAF, ANZAC’s, returned soldiers etc. – Please mention when ordering to receive a special quote, thank you for your service!
- Please Note – Max parcel length for Aus Post is 1m.
Therefore maximum sign length is 950mm – (to allow for packaging material and bubble wrap)
- Signs for pickup can be made longer (or you can arrange your own courier)
Postage & Packaging
- $30 Flat rate for standard signs to anywhere in Australia. (standard sign length is usually 600-800mm depending on length of characters and font chosen.)
- Large signs longer than 950mm will have to be posted via courier which can be expensive depending on your location
- International orders please ask for P&P quote.
Quality Packaging for your piece of mind.
Your wooden sign is carefully wrapped in paper then at least 3 layers of bubble wrap, recycled brown paper and packing tape…. I spend a lot of time packing your sign to ensure it gets to you undamaged. Aus Post can be quite rough with them so I make sure they are well padded.
(I try to use recycled packaging materials when available.)
Environmentally friendly wooden signs.
Finished with natural oils & waxes.
Sustainable for our future!
Multiple sign orders or large corporate signs such as motel, hotel, pub or bar signs welcome (a discount may be available for multiple orders)
Large signs for park lands, council signage, or golf courses.
Screw Eyes – Black Painted (optional)
What are Screw Eyes?
Screw Eyes are an optional extra for customers who wish to use this method to hang their sign from the top edge. They are supplied with pre-drilled holes in the top edge of your sign and screw in easily by hand (see Youley’s sign above).
If you select them on the contact form when ordering they will be rolled up in the bubble-wrap packaging at one end of your parcel.
Available in Zinc, Black Painted or Brass Plated (see note below).
Price $4.50 including pre-drilled holes. Quality hardware guaranteed!
- Brass Plated are not recommended for outdoors – the plating may come off eventually.
— Choose Zinc or Black Painted for outdoor signs.
- For chain, links, screws, hooks, or any other hardware please visit your local hardware outlet.
How to order your own personalised sign.
You’re only a few steps away from having your own unique wooden sign.
- Simply fill out the order/enquiry form so we can have all the details to work out a quote.
Enter the text you want and choose an indoor or outdoor sign, pine or cedar etc.
Please write it as you would like it written on your sign.
– Normal or UPPER CASE – e.g Andy’s Shed or ANDY’S SHED.
- You choose from a selection of font examples that will be e-mailed back to you (usually within 24 hrs) unless I’m very busy.
- I will send back a draft picture of what your sign will look like for approval in your chosen font.
You may even choose your own font from 1000’s available online – websites like 1001freefonts or www.dafont.com have some good examples, just let me know the font name and I may already have it. Once you approve the font and payment, I start carving the sign & design one especially for you.
- Your sign is packed with plenty of bubble wrap and recycled brown craft paper. Signs are posted usually within 2-3 weeks from ordering/payment. If you need it sooner you must let me know when ordering and I may be able to move you up the waiting list and post express.
- Sign arrives at your doorstep ready to hang and enjoy for many years to come.
Sizes and details of my wooden signs
These hand carved wooden signs can be made any size you require for indoors or outdoors although most I make tend to be around 500-700mm length by 200mm height. The timber thickness is approx 20mm. The longest parcel I can send through Aus Post is 1m. Max sign length is therefore 950mm to allow for packaging thickness (bubble wrap). Please let me know if you want a large sign when ordering.
- Larger (rural property) signs – Thicker Cedar is very expensive. Please tell me if you need a certain size. The widest timber I can get is 300mm (sign height).
- Why choose a rustic timber Cedar sign? The character of a timber sign will actually improve with age, they catch people’s eyes & people love to read them.
- Most modern day signs are made by machine these days and lack the character of natural wood. These signs stand out in a world of boring machine made objects, you’ll be glad you ordered such a unique gift for your loved one.
- To have something custom made with care takes time.
- My outdoor timber signs are made from high quality grade Western Red Cedar – a timber known for its extreme long life outdoors and anti rot characteristics.
- Many sign makers will use fake or inferior timber which will rot faster than real Cedar. They also use chemical spray on poly finish instead of natural oils. Spray on finishes are much quicker to apply but will not last as long, once they crack or peel water penetrates the top layer making things worse.
- Oil finishes soak into the timber and will nourish the fibers, the water will bead off the surface like a duck’s back. It also enhances the grain and provides a beautiful color.
- I refuse to take shortcuts in the timber industry simply to cut costs, I believe in traditional natural methods, if you’re after a cheap bargain please look elsewhere.
Andrew Wilkerson – Designer & maker of fine boxes and signs.
Why order a sign from me?
– You may wish to get other quotes and that’s fine, compare my work and level of craftsmanship with other sign makers, look through my Instagram or Facebook photos then get back to me if you truly want The Best Wooden Signs Online. I’m not here to price match or negotiate a bargain, I’m passionate about providing you with the best using sustainable natural methods, locally sourced to support Australian manufacturing.
All our kids future is at stake!
Do you want a cheap wooden sign made by a sign making factory or do you want personalised service from an actual woodworker?
A wood Craftsman who knows how to work with timber and has been making and selling quality wooden signs online since 2004.
Help support Australian small business and my young family.
It’s your money so it’s up to you. These wooden signs are made to last outdoors in the harshest conditions without any maintenance using the finest Australian materials.
You can re-oil them if you wish, full instructions provided.
AUSTRALIAN WORKSHOP CREATIONS has been online since 2004. All content on this website including text and pictures are the property of the website owner. Please contact Andrew if you would like to reuse them in anyway.
He’s usually pretty cool with it, just ask first.