Buy your custom Wooden Signs here!
These unique personalised wooden signs are made with care in my workshop
then posted to your door.
– Established online in 2004 –
The original website for beautiful hand made wooden signs.
Delivered to QLD, WA, NT, SA, NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT…
Even as far away as Texas or the UK
Posting out every week!
Burnt/Scorched with Flame – Optional
- Solid timber – Long Lasting Western Red Cedar, Victorian Ash or Pine.
- We use Sustainable Plantation Timber only.
- Timber is made to look rustic & weathered but smooth to touch.
- 3D Lettering characters and pictures are carved deep into the timber then painted.
- Timber can be scorched with flame after carving, just let me know!
Some people ask for their sign to be scorched for the burnt old vintage look, I can also add stain tint for more depth of colour on Pine to highlight the grain – Just let me know when ordering!
Our natural timber signs feature unique rustic style edges, carved unlike any other sign available or you can order other classic shapes, borders, small plaques etc.
The most popular wooden signs ordered are Rustic edge timber with black carved lettering, or you can order a Straight, or Routed Profile edge if you wish. Newest pics on Instagram!
Deep ‘V’ Cut – Carved out timber then it’s painted
Personalised Bar Signs for home bars | Aussie Man Cave Signs | Shed Name Signs | Outdoor BBQ | Airbnb Signs | Flame burnt Woodfire Pizza Oven Signs | Engraved Horse Name Plaques | Old Western Signs.
Outdoor entertaining areas are Ideal places to add some rustic home decor with a unique personalised wooden plaque or sign.
Choose from a huge variety of fonts, view my social media links to see more examples of wooden signs made recently.
- Rural Country Western style signs with unique rural/country fonts!
- Holiday House signs
- Family names engraved for farm gates and estates
- Garden signs – For those who love country style living and all things beautifully rustic!
- Horse name plaques for stables and paddocks
Carved wooden signs add character and personality to any area, I’ve made thousands of unique signs that have all been different in their own way.
Do you have a birthday or 5th wedding anniversary coming up?
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA
Birthdays, Wedding Signs, Father’s Day, Anniversary Plaques…
– These wooden signs make fantastic gift ideas for men!
– Order an engraved wooden plaque to express your love in wood!
Your gift will be forever remembered each time they look at it on display.
Get in good with the wife for the five year anniversary at least!👌
5 years is traditionally wood gifts
and that’s exactly what you will find here.
Bookmark this page, follow me on social media
Order early, don’t miss out!
More details below – Environmentally Friendly!
Unlike most modern signs with square cut edges, these unique rustic timber signs are hand carved around the edge then emerised, adding character. Or you can order a CNC routed sign with square cut edges or shapes if you wish, see my Instagram or photos below for more ideas..
Thousands of happy customers have received my custom made woodworking.
You won’t be disappointed with my level of craftsmanship and service!
The letters are engraved deep into the timber then the sign is shaped and finished by hand.
Buy a personalised sign for your loved ones and you won’t regret it, they will love you for it!
Huge variety of fonts for your wooden sign or timber plaque – Pics below.
All my outdoor wooden signs are Cedar – finished with natural oils with UV stabiliser, Not poisonous spray on chemicals. Cedar will last for years in Aussie conditions – even by the sea!
Custom made sign shapes, house numbers, direction arrows, wall plaques. Anything is possible, let your imagination run wild, if you provide me with a basic outline or clip art I should be able to trace it into the timber. Bar signs, man cave signs, shed signs, bar & grill and more.
Photos below and many more on social media…
“I’ve made 1000’s of signs since I started selling online in 2004.
“Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin’ out the scenery, breakin’ my mind
Do this, don’t do that, can’t you read the sign?
– Five Man Electrical Band, Signs – Wiki
…I’ve even made signs for long haired freaky people! 😁
…..so don’t be afraid to order that wacky sign you’ve been wanting.
Trust me, I’ve made some weird ones, some are even quite rude but hey,
each to their own, right?”😉
Still not sure if you want to order a sign? – Read what other customers are saying.
Get a Quote
If you would like to receive a quote for your own wooden sign please use this form below.
Your details will be secure and I will never use your email for spam or forward on to third parties for market research or silly surveys.
– I hate that kind of thing myself so I would never do it to my customers!
This is a personalised service, not automated replies from a large corporation so
please be patient if I take a while to respond, I do my best and sometimes have deadlines to meet so I can’t always be on the computer or Facebook all day answering questions.
This form is the best way to enquire rather than phone calls or emails.
If you are unsure of what options to choose don’t worry too much, just tick anything or nothing
then describe what you want in the special details.
Upload a photo or link below if needed.
- Read details and options below this order form first.
> This will give you an idea of options available and a rough price guide.
> Please double check your email address before hitting send or I won’t be able to reply.
NEW!! Sign Order/Enquiry Form.
Use this form to enquire about a custom made sign & see examples of your sign in 50 different fonts sent to your email for approval.
If you have troubles with the sign order form above please email or call/sms me
☎ 0421 305 358
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also view the form on it’s own page here
if you need to see it bigger on small screens
↓ Click to go to Sign Order page! ↓
How long do they take to make?
– A very common question!
Signs are made and posted in batches to be more efficient < In order of the payment received date so it depends how many are on the list first and how many I am posting out each week at the time of ordering.
- Please understand there is usually a 4 weeks waiting list for my custom signs, I also make boxes and other custom made items which can sometimes keep me really busy.
But my order is urgent!
– I can post express and move you up the waiting list – If there are other customers on the list who have already paid then it’s unfair to make them wait too much longer. I can’t drop everything I’m working on to make and deliver by next Saturday for a 21st birthday in WA! — It’s not gonna happen sorry. You need to wait on the list like everyone else. It’s only fair!
- Please don’t waste my time asking for fonts quotes and examples only to tell me you needed it by this weekend.
Can you get it to me sooner?
– Let me know when you need it and I will see if I can help. I can sometimes move your job up the list if you let me know the required date and the state you are in when ordering and I can post express to get it to you a few days earlier. I can also arrange for pickup if you don’t mind the drive out to my workshop in Officer or Heyfield Vic.
How much do your signs cost?
They are custom made to order, all different.
Price Guide << please be aware they aren’t cheap, especially if you want extras, difficult pictures that require editing or a large sign.
You may also find something to Buy Now on my shop pages for signs or boxes.
How do I pay you?
Easy payment made securely on the invoice which I will send you.
PayPal can be made by here
or by logging in to your own bank account.
Is there someone you know with a new house, shed or bar?
House Name Signs
Made to order then delivered to you!
Outdoor BBQ’s, wood fire ovens, horse name plaques for stables and paddocks… Ideal places to add character by giving them a hand made wooden sign carved and weathered unlike any other signs available. – Your horse will love it and be so proud! 🙂
People are delighted to know it was carved just for them! I’ve had reports of customers becoming quite emotional when received and love showing them off to friends.
A personalised wood sign or country style sign makes a great gift idea for a new house, shed, workshop, farm property, or bar. A price guide is on this page. Usually between $150 – $300 depending on final size and details. Please use the form and I will reply with a free quote and example font list to choose from.
How My Signs Are Made
Deep V carved CNC lettering, then painted.
Sign Making Gallery – Work in Progress
Bar Signs – engraved with logos – personalised to suit your character or drinking habits!
Indoor timber bar signs look great when engraved in Western style, Old English, or InkPen fonts. You will be emailed a picture for approval before I start making.
Personalised rustic wood bar signs make anyone’s bar look great & adds so much character to the area. If you know someone who loves their bar then you simply must have a personal sign made for them. Don’t be afraid to ask for a strange or weird word for your wood sign, I’ve had many requests for unique signs and I’m more than happy to help… I love making unique timber signs!
Get a personal gift that will be remembered by your loved ones for many years to come – Every time they look at it they will think of you! The gift that keeps on giving.
Man Cave Signs
One of my most popular wooden signs. Order one for your man today, he will love you for it and as an added bonus you may even get him out of the house more often.
SIGNS FOR SALE – BUY NOW (if in stock)
Rustic Signs with unique carved edges and deep-carved-painted lettering.
Lettering is engraved deep into the timber (V-cut) then painted
(matt black is the most popular colour)
The paint I use on my outdoors signage is thoroughly tested
an Australian brand..
…Excellent quality & high pigment UV resistant.
- Designed to last in the harshest Aussie conditions!
- Independent weather simulation tests at a laboratory Florida.
- & REAL WORLD tests under the brutal Brisbane sun
have demonstrated a strong resistance to UV exposure.
OUTDOOR rustic wood signs – are made from high quality, weather resistant,
Western Red Cedar finished with 2 coats of decking oil (a blend of natural tung oils & beeswax).
Signs can be maintained by re-applying oil or left to weather to a beautiful silver grey (instructions are provided with sign).
INDOOR rustic wood signs – are a little less expensive as they can be made from
New Zealand Pine and finished with polyurethane. You can also choose a Cedar sign for indoors, just let me know so I know what finish to use. The decking oil can be quite a strong aroma if used indoors; some people love it, others have complained so I’m just letting you know, but ultimately the decision is yours.
PLEASE NOTE: – Most customers choose Cedar even for indoor signs due to its beautiful colour & grain texture enhanced by the finish on natural timber. Pine looks even better over time as it ages in my opinion, more like the Baltic Pine you see in old furniture. Pine is not recommended for outdoors.
Sure you may find cheaper signs but that’s not what I do. Ours are unique and no two are the same because the edges are carved with a human in control of the shaping, not a machine. I’m not interested in mass producing for maximum profit – pumping out boring signs that all look the same.
Huge variety of font styles for these personalised name signs!
Choose from these fonts or if you have others in mind just let me know the font name and I will get it for you if I don’t already have it. If you can’t decide. No worries!.
I will send you an example of your sign in 50 fonts when ordering!
Or click here and have a look at many more -> https://www.1001freefonts.com/
Or here to see even more styles -> https://www.dafont.com/
I also have some new western style fonts that have been popular as shown below this list
NEW – Vintage Carnival Freakshow fonts!!
Too much choice? – Don’t worry i’ll help you decide what font best suits your sign.
Pictures, shapes symbols engraved into your timber sign and painted – loads to choose from
If you would like a picture engraved on your sign I have many available or I can purchase, just let me know on the order form and I will see what I can do. Price is usually $25 depending on how much work is involved. Black and white line drawings work best, you can search Google – example ‘horse clipart black and white’ then click images.
For price & options please read this page for details then fill out the form on this page.
Carved Cedar Signs for Farms and Rural Properties
Custom made and personalised for you. Great for rural properties, farm gates or large blocks. This one was designed to hang from chain over a driveway entrance. (chain not supplied)
Pics coming soon, check out Instagram or Facebook for latest work.
Chunky & Thick Timber crafted with character. Large country signs are made using a different technique and require thicker timber and deeper letters, they are priced on an individual basis according to size – Contact Andrew on this page for a free quote.
Oils ain’t Oils – Decking Oils Today
Aussies love their decks, here’s some advice when it comes to outdoor finishes.
Marine Varnish and most modern finishes are full of plastic!
Most synthetic finishes and polyurethanes are made from ingredients sourced from left overs and waste products from various industries.
Why take a natural piece of wood then cover it in a thin layer of synthetic-toxic crap?
Doesn’t make sense to me, it’s all marketing by corporations to try and take your money then give you the cheapest tin possible so they increase their profit margins.
I use Aussie made decking oil on my signs – from Byron Bay – Organoil.com.au Organ Oil exterior with tint (UV stabiliser) Any questions about why natural decking oil is better, just ask me or do your own research > This info below applies to your decks as well.
What’s in the tin?
People should be aware that polyurethane and most modern decking oils are still called oils but they are full of plastic as well, they actually contain very little if any natural oils.
Brands – I won’t mention specific brands or use the ‘C’ word but let’s just say they advertise a lot here in Aus!
It’s not just because I prefer natural products or because I care for the environment or the fumes I breathe.
Synthetic crap just doesn’t work as well.
Consumers should avoid plastic when it comes to timber finishes in my opinion, they just don’t look or perform as well as natural oil blends. The natural plant oil ingredients and formulas worked well for 1000’s of years. It’s only recently we’ve had this new polyurethane shoved down our throats in just about every finish you buy these days. It’s cheap to make and easy to use so why wouldn’t they use it and promote it?
Don’t risk it with your deck! If you’ve ever used it you probably already know how patchy this plastic oil finish can become over time and it’s a real hassle to get it all off then re-finish with natural oils.
I’ve seen where people try to clean their decks with high pressure water and it’s obvious where the plastic layer has been completely removed leaving nothing but raw timber beneath in ugly swirl patterns.
Decking Timber – making an ethical choice
If you’re interested to know my opinion on Merbau Timber please read my full blog article here about the importation of this timber, you may be shocked to learn the damage it’s causing!
Australians need to wake up to themselves! This timber is banned in many states across the USA yet we walk in to our local Bunnings to make a purchase and don’t know any better. We use truckloads of it everyday here in Aus! This has to stop before it’s too late. Unfortunately I don’t think anyone cares.
What’s your deck made of? Please read the article about Merbau and spread the word for me.
(for signs up to 800mm in length)
$160 plus lettering – $6 for each letter carved and painted, no charge for extra long sentences. My Outdoor Signs are Western Red Cedar with carved out lettering painted with quality flat black enamel. Australian Made natural decking oil finish, hand rubbed, Cedar will last for many years in even the harshest conditions.
(Pine or Cedar*)
$150 plus lettering – $6 for each letter carved and painted. My Indoor signs are usually made from NZ Pine with a polyurethane interior spray finish (Wattyl) carved out lettering, painted with quality matt black enamel. Sometimes Shellac may be used for a vintage look (if you’re Vegan please ask for Polyurethane instead) *I can also use Cedar for Indoors just let me know when ordering ($160 plus lettering)
- Pictures engraved and painted are $25 depending how much work is involved.
- Scorched with flame or special Stains/Colours are an extra $25
- Multiple lines of text are an extra $25
- Screw Eyes $4.50 pair (includes predrilled holes for easy fitting, no tools needed)
- (Prices are AU$ for standard size sign up to 800mm). Prices above are a guide only, this can change if extra work is involved on images with high detail such as bird’s feathers, converting a supplied image to a suitable engraving (vectors) etc.
- Larger sizes or special requests quoted in email.
Discounts available for a large amount of text or charity organisations, defence force personnel, RAAF, ANZAC’s, returned soldiers etc. – Please mention when ordering to receive a special quote, thank you for your service!
- Please Note – Max parcel length for Aus Post is 1m.
Therefore maximum sign length is 950mm – (to allow for packaging material and bubble wrap)
- Signs for pickup can be made longer (or you can arrange your own courier)
Postage & Packaging
- $30 Flat rate for standard signs to anywhere in Australia. (standard sign length is usually 600-800mm depending on length of characters and font chosen.)
- Large signs longer than 950mm will have to be posted via courier which can be expensive depending on your location
- International orders please ask for P&P quote.
Quality Packaging for your piece of mind.
Your wooden sign is carefully wrapped in paper then at least 3 layers of bubble wrap, recycled brown paper and packing tape…. I spend a lot of time packing your sign to ensure it gets to you undamaged. Aus Post can be quite rough with them so I make sure they are well padded.
(I try to use recycled packaging materials when available.)
Environmentally friendly wooden signs.
Finished with natural oils & waxes.
Multiple sign orders or large corporate signs such as motel, hotel, pub or bar signs welcome (a discount may be available for multiple orders)
Large signs for park lands, council signage, or golf courses.
Screw Eyes – Black Painted (optional)
What are Screw Eyes?
Screw Eyes are an optional extra for customers who wish to use this method to hang their sign from the top edge. They are supplied with pre-drilled holes in the top edge of your sign and screw in easily by hand (see Youley’s sign above).
If you select them on the contact form when ordering they will be rolled up in the bubble-wrap packaging at one end of your parcel.
Available in Zinc, Black Painted or Brass Plated (see note below).
Price $4.50 including pre-drilled holes. Quality hardware guaranteed!
- Brass Plated are not recommended for outdoors – the plating may come off eventually.
— Choose Zinc or Black Painted for outdoor signs.
- For chain, links, screws, hooks, or any other hardware please visit your local hardware outlet.
How to order your own personalised sign.
You’re only a few steps away from having your own unique wooden sign.
- Simply fill out the order/enquiry form so we can have all the details to work out a quote.
Enter the text you want and choose an indoor or outdoor sign, pine or cedar etc.
Please write it as you would like it written on your sign.
– Normal or UPPER CASE – e.g Andy’s Shed or ANDY’S SHED.
- You choose from a selection of font examples that will be e-mailed back to you (usually within 24 hrs) unless I’m very busy.
- I will send back a draft picture of what your sign will look like for approval in your chosen font.
You may even choose your own font from 1000’s available online – websites like 1001freefonts or www.dafont.com have some good examples, just let me know the font name and I may already have it. Once you approve the font and payment, I start carving the sign & design one especially for you.
- Your sign is packed with plenty of bubble wrap and recycled brown craft paper. Signs are posted usually within 2-3 weeks from ordering/payment. If you need it sooner you must let me know when ordering and I may be able to move you up the waiting list and post express.> Sign arrives at your doorstep ready to hang and enjoy for many years to come.
Sizes and details of my wooden signs
These hand carved wooden signs can be made any size you require for indoors or outdoors although most I make tend to be around 500-700mm length by 200mm height. The timber thickness is approx 20mm. The longest parcel I can send through Aus Post is 1m. Max sign length is therefore 950mm to allow for packaging thickness (bubble wrap). Please let me know if you want a large sign when ordering.
- Larger (rural property) signs – Thicker Cedar is very expensive. Please tell me if you need a certain size. The widest timber I can get is 300mm (sign height).
- Why choose a rustic timber Cedar sign? The character of a timber sign will actually improve with age, they catch people’s eyes & people love to read them.
- Most modern day signs are made by machine these days and lack the character of natural wood. These signs stand out in a world of boring machine made objects, you’ll be glad you ordered such a unique gift for your loved one.
- To have something custom made with care takes time.
- My outdoor timber signs are made from high quality grade Western Red Cedar – a timber known for its extreme long life outdoors and anti rot characteristics.
- Many sign makers will use fake or inferior timber which will rot faster than real Cedar. They also use chemical spray on poly finish instead of natural oils. Spray on finishes are much quicker to apply but will not last as long, once they crack or peel water penetrates the top layer making things worse.
- Oil finishes soak into the timber and will nourish the fibers, the water will bead off the surface like a duck’s back. It also enhances the grain and provides a beautiful color.
- I refuse to take shortcuts in the timber industry simply to cut costs, I believe in traditional natural methods, if you’re after a cheap bargain please look elsewhere.
Andrew Wilkerson – Designer & maker of fine boxes and signs.
Why order a sign from me?
QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP USING SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS
– You may wish to get other quotes and that’s fine, compare my work and level of craftsmanship with other sign makers, look through my Instagram or Facebook photos then get back to me if you truly want The Best Wooden Signs Online.
I’m not here to price match or negotiate a bargain, I’m passionate about providing you with the best using sustainable natural methods, locally sourced (as much as possible) to support Australian manufacturing and the town community.
All our kids future is at stake!
Do you want a cheap wooden sign made by a sign making factory or do you want personalised service from an actual woodworker?
A wood craftsman who knows how to work with timber.
Help support Australian small business and my young family.
It’s your money so it’s up to you where you spend it.
These wooden signs are made to last outdoors in the harshest conditions without any maintenance using the finest Australian materials.
You can re-oil them if you wish, full instructions provided.
AUSTRALIAN WORKSHOP CREATIONS has been online since 2004. All content on this website including text and pictures are the property of the website owner. Please contact Andrew if you would like to reuse them in anyway.
He’s usually pretty cool with it, just ask first.